An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Well, I’ve got six apples….
Six fun facts about apples: *http://www.orangepippin.com/resources/apple-facts/apple-fun-facts
1. Planting an apple seed from a particular apple will not produce a tree of that same variety. The seed is a cross of the tree the fruit was grown on and the variety that was the cross pollinator.
2. It takes energy from 50 leaves to produce one apple.
3. Apples are a member of the rose family.
4. Archeologists have found evidence that humans have been enjoying apples since at least 6500 B.C.
5. Fresh apples float because 25% of their volume is air (thank goodness, or none of us would have ever experienced bobbing for apples!).
6. How Steve Jobs came up with the name, Apple… [“On the naming of Apple, he said he was “on one of my fruitarian diets.” He said he had just come back from an apple farm, and thought the name sounded “fun, spirited and not intimidating.”]